From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council meeting, Thursday 15th, 1900 UTC
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 04:22:40
1 Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > Patrick Lauer wrote: [Mon Sep 12 2005, 04:29:45PM CDT]
3 >
4 >>>I'm not quite sure what you're adding. GLEP 15 was approved quite some
5 >>>time ago. "All" that remains is to finish up the implementation.
6 >>
7 >>or rather move it from gentooexperimental.org to "official" gentoo
8 >>infrastructure (?)
11 > Ah, I see. To the best of my knowledge that just needs to be worked out
12 > w/ the GLEP 15 people and infra. I dropped into -infra and they said
13 > that there's space for it, but that bug # 98282 lists a couple of
14 > contentious points. (Also, the gentooexperimental scripts "about" page
15 > seems to suggest that their framework differs from the "official"
16 > version.)
17
18 A correction, the bug# is 98272.
19
20 This is correct. Last I knew port001 was working on a python based
21 version of this. If this has changed, we need to know about. Also,
22 before people go developing a new site that may potentially become an
23 official site, I would like to require them to submit an implementation
24 plan to the infra team via a bug or some other method. I don't want to
25 end up supporting every framework out there just because its cool. If
26 you're using something other than what we're currently using, I would
27 like to see justification for using it beyond "its a call framework".
28
29 Anyways, we have the space open for it, just haven't heard from port001
30 in a while about it.
33 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
34 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
35
36 ---
37 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
38 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
39
40 ramereth/irc.freenode.net