From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council meeting, Thursday 15th, 1900 UTC
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:05:19
1 Patrick Lauer wrote: [Mon Sep 12 2005, 04:29:45PM CDT]
2 > > I'm not quite sure what you're adding. GLEP 15 was approved quite some
3 > > time ago. "All" that remains is to finish up the implementation.
4 > or rather move it from gentooexperimental.org to "official" gentoo
5 > infrastructure (?)
6
7 Ah, I see. To the best of my knowledge that just needs to be worked out
8 w/ the GLEP 15 people and infra. I dropped into -infra and they said
9 that there's space for it, but that bug # 98282 lists a couple of
10 contentious points. (Also, the gentooexperimental scripts "about" page
11 seems to suggest that their framework differs from the "official"
12 version.)
13
14 > > Huh? Why should Mr_Bones_ need to go around fixing broken encodings?
15 > > He just has to break the legs of the offending devs....
16 > Would be better if
17 > (1) it wasn't Mr_Bones alone and
18 > (2) there was an agreed on policy so that (if needed) repeat offenders
19 > can be sanctioned
20 > (e.g. by flipping their commit bit)
21 > that of course needs some backing from the general dev population and
22 > devrel, also the policies should be properly defined so that noone can
23 > weasel out by invoking "it's always been like this"
24
25 Oh, of course. I just don't agree that all GLEPs that involve QA should be
26 put on hold until we improve QA, however.
27
28 -g2boojum-
29 --
30 Grant Goodyear
31 Gentoo Developer
32 g2boojum@g.o
33 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
34 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76