From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Retiring
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 19:37:41
1 Am Montag, den 04.05.2009, 15:35 +0300 schrieb Markos Chandras:
2 > On Monday 04 May 2009 14:50:56 Ferris McCormick wrote:
3 > > On Mon, 4 May 2009 04:34:20 -0400
4 > [..]
5 > > I've been a developer a bit over 5 years. We know the problems and are
6 > > working to fix them.
7 > >
8 > I am sure that you know them. But those problems are the reasons why more and
9 > more developers are demotivated and leaving Gentoo. 'Fixing' those problems
10 > should be a N1 priority on every gentoo council meeting until they are gone.
11 > There is absolutely no point in trying to introduce new features and stuff when
12 > we are so understaffed. First we need to bring more people on Gentoo and keep
13 > the current manpower motivated. When we are done with that, we can focus on
14 > features :\
15
16 The point of most features is to make maintenance easier and reduce
17 breakages at user-side which hopefully reduces the amount of bugs
18 reported because of such breakages and keep our users happy and happy
19 users are more likely to contribute or become devs when they see some
20 progress.
21 But you're right, we have to find the balance somehow...
25 Tiziano Müller
26 Gentoo Linux Developer, Council Member
27 Areas of responsibility:
28 Samba, PostgreSQL, CPP, Python, sysadmin, GLEP Editor
29 E-Mail : dev-zero@g.o
30 GnuPG FP : F327 283A E769 2E36 18D5 4DE2 1B05 6A63 AE9C 1E30