From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Things one could be upset about
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 11:01:15
1 On 17/01/15 16:03, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 22:59:08 +0800
3 > Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
4 >>> The problem isn't the constants, though. The problem is the
5 >>> resolution algorithm. There's not much point tweaking performance
6 >>> until the resolver is fixed to produce a correct answer...
7 >>
8 >> Patches welcome :)
9 >
10 > If I send you a patch that updates all the documentation to use Paludis
11 > rather than Portage, will you welcome it?
14 If you rewrite paludis in C99 or equally language with non-brittle
15 runtime (libc++ isn't really viable yet =/) I would seriously consider it.
16
17 lu