From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: rfc: Does OpenRC really need mount-ro
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 10:48:31
1 On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 10:02 PM, Richard Yao <ryao@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Dracut handling it well is not up for dispute. When I checked last year,
4 > dracut simply did not tell systemd to use this functionality because it
5 > was unnecessary functionality that only served to slowed down the
6 > shutdown process. It only enables it when a driver indicates an actual
7 > need, which is the way that it should be.
8
9 You might want to check again. As far as I can tell systemd has been
10 pivoting back to dracut for a while now by default.
13 Rich