From: Miguel Sousa Filipe <m3thos@×××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] qpkg
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 11:39:30
1 Hi all!
2
3 Allthough i'm not using gentoo for a while, i'm tracking, the mailing
4 lists.. to check out how its going.
5 About qpgk, i believe that if it's not allready quite a handy "pocket knife"
6 in Gentoo, it will become one, I find it so "cool" and practical, basically,
7 ITS A MUST in gentoo.
8 It's extremelly usefull for checking if a certain package is installed, what
9 files owns, wich version it is, and also to see the owner of certain files,
10 among other things.
11 It would be nice to also check, and "confront" the available version, with
12 the installed version of a package that has just been queried. Something
13 like:
14 I do not know if it does this.. but it would be nice.. to see the version
15 of the installed and the latest version available.
18 Keep up the good work everyone!
19
20 Cheers, Miguel Sousa Filipe
21 ----- Original Message -----
22 From: "Vitaly Kushneriuk" <vitaly_kushneriuk@×××××.com>
23 To: "Gentoo-dev" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
24 Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2002 3:38 PM
25 Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] qpkg