From: Bart Braem <bart.braem@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: When will KDE 3.5 be marked as stable?
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 11:34:08
1 Caleb Tennis wrote:
2
3 > Get involved.  It's the only way you will truly understand the magnitude
4 > of a project like Gentoo.  KDE is a very small slice of the whole thing,
5 > and yet it still requires a LOT of time.  We're always looking for help.
6 > If you need a place to start, pick out a bug report and try and fix it.
7 > You might spend 3-4 hours chasing the answer.  3-4 hours.  Can you imagine
8 > sitting in front of your computer for 3-4 hours to solve a problem for
9 > someone you don't know for no compensation?  And you may never even figure
10 > it out!
11 >
12 > So let's rephrase "why doesn't Gentoo have ZZZ" into "how can I help
13 > Gentoo have ZZZ?".  Become empowered.  That's what will keep the
14 > distribution great.
17 > Caleb
20 > My guess is that KDE 3.5.2 is probably ready for stabilization, but nobody
21 > has the time to do it at the moment.  That's purely a guess, though.  Feel
22 > free to open a stabilization tracker bug for it so we do have a place to
23 > discuss it.
24 >
25 You know, that's why I came here. I opened a bug (#132213) where I suggested
26 to open a stabilization tracker bug if necessary and the bug was closed. I
27 was referred to this thread...
28 I feel that if more packages would have a stabilization tracker bug things
29 would be more clear for users. That would make it a lot easier to help
30 solve bugs. I users start asking for more stable packages you can refer
31 them to those bugs. And then they can help. And most probably I would help
32 more too.
33 I don't have much spare time either, but if I want something done in my
34 distribution and I can help I would do that faster.
35
36 Bart
39 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list