From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] DNS not working except as root
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 05:10:27
1 Collins Richey wrote:
2 >
3 > Unfortunately you don't have enough doc anywhere for me to puzzle
4 > this out on my own. I can find no logs with errors related to this.
5 >
6 > A normal user is denied access to DNS requests, which means that you
7 > can only gain internet access with specific ip addresses.
8 >
9 > Where are the controls for permitting DNS requests?
10 >
11 > This is a repeat, but this should be really basic.
14 hrm, give /tmp a sticky bit, that fixed various problems I had here as a
15 normal user.
16
17 bye achim~
18