From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: new category, app-containers
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 22:42:53
1 On 06/14/2017 06:11 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > Is it time to start thinking about an app-containers category?
3 > If so, is it ok for me to start an app-containers category with these
4 > packages then we can look into moving other packages to it?
5
6 Personally I don't see much value in introducing a new category at this
7 point. Package moves always introduce a certain degree of complexity
8 (e.g requiring maintainers in main tree and other repositories to update
9 dependency specifications), is there really value from introducing this
10 category vs the existing one? in the general case I'd like to see less
11 categories rather than more.
14 Kristian Fiskerstrand
15 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
16 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3