From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] issues with installing a new kernel
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 20:52:20
1 Pete Gavin wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 04:10:53AM +0100, Achim Gottinger wrote:
4 > > > Well, I added a simple check in pkg_preinst in
5 > > > linux-2.4.0.11-r3.ebuild to see if /boot exists in /etc/fstab, and if
6 > > > so, it mounts it, then it will unmount it in pkg_postinst.
7 > >
8 > > Well, I don't like it if an ebuild script touches my filesystem.
9 > >
10 > > I use automount here for boot and /boot is a symlink to /misc/boot.
11 > >
12 > > So this solution does not work for me.
13 > >
14 > > Since ebuild can run in runlevels other than 1 and linux is a multiuser
15 > > operating system
16 > > such things can messup other users work.
17 > >
18 > > So such a thing should only run if we are in runlevel 1
21 > You have a point... I didn't think it was a good idea to do this,
22 > since everyone's filesystem setup is pretty much different... I'll
23 > just add a message to it reminding the user to mount /boot.
26 Puh, happy to hear :-)
27
28 achim
31 > Pete