From: Jeff Rollin <jeff.rollin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: When will KDE 3.5 be marked as stable?
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 14:33:32
1 Paul,
2
3 That cleared it up for me, thanks
4
5 Jeff.
6
7 On 04/05/06, Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> wrote:
11 > Actually the testing keywords are not for unstable packages. If something
12 > is unstable it must be masked. If we however want to test our packaging
13 > we put it in ~arch. If something is in ~arch that means that it works for
14 > the packager, but that your mileage may vary. ~arch may sometimes have
15 > unexpected problems, especially involving migration from old versions to
16 > new versions. Actually most time is spent on ~arch, as there is where
17 > development happens. As a package is seen to be stable, then it gets
18 > promoted to arch. This is just a change of the keyword. The developer
19 > then goes on to newer versions of the package.
20 >
21 > Paul
22 >
23 > --
24 > Paul de Vrieze
25 > Gentoo Developer
26 > Mail: pauldv@g.o
27 > Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net
35 Argument against Linux number 6,033:
36
37 "...So this is like most Linux viruses. You have to download the virus
38 yourself, become root, install it and then run it. Seems like a lot of work
39 just to experience what you can get on Windows with a lot less trouble."