From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A few questions to our nominees
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 12:18:36
1 Thomas Anderson wrote:
2 > As Fabian said it really isn't a matter of "We like XML better than LaTeX!"
3 > It's not those people's prerogative.
4
5 Problems like having homogeneous documentation aren't that small.
6
7 > The people who wrote PMS should be able to make the decision
8 > for themselves(as they will be maintaining it) as to what language to
9 > use.
10
11 The main point being using latex prevents people from modify it.
12
13 > If they use LaTeX, more power to them, it's what enables them to do
14 > their job in the easiest way.
15
16 Depends on what the job is.
17
18 > You don't *have* to read PMS in LaTeX,
19 > which by the way makes my eyes bleed somewhat, you can read it in a very
20 > well done PDF.
21
22 The pdf renders poorly on xpdf due the fonts latex has, usually I'd
23 rather have plain text anyway.
24
25 lu
29 Luca Barbato