From: "Rafael Ávila de Espíndola" <rafael.espindola@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] splitting one source package into many binaries
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:40:22
1 Em Thu 16 Jun 2005 14:01, Caleb Tennis escreveu:
2 > On Thursday 16 June 2005 11:50 am, Rafael Espíndola wrote:
3 > > Is this a bad idea or simply not the Gentoo way?
4 >
5 > The idea isn't bad, but the implementation is more work to maintain than
6 > it's probably worth.
7 >
8 > You can, of course, always roll your own ebuild variation and keep it in
9 > your portage overlay directory. Or, alternatively, you can just "rm
10 > -f /usr/qt/3/bin/designer".
11 I use the rm option currently. A overlay has the disadvantage that I would
12 miss updates to the portage tree.
13
14 > Caleb
15