From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: rfc: libexec directory inconsistency
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 19:26:54
1 Il giorno sab, 22/01/2011 alle 11.02 -0600, William Hubbs ha scritto:
2
3 > Is there a reason for this? If not, would it break things if we start
4 > using /libexec as well as /usr/libexec?
5
6 More or less and yes, it would create one more root directory that has
7 no real usage to be there anyway...
8
9 > I noticed that for dhcpcd and openrc we force their LIBEXECDIR to be
10 > $(get_libdir)/foo, which puts things in different directories
11 > depending on whether the system is multilib or not.
14 Which is wrong, it should be /lib/foo instead, not $(get_libdir), to
15 follow what udev and other software in Linux has been using for a very
16 long time now.
17
18 The one problem we have here is that for reason I don't know,
19 no-multilib profiles started using lib64 exclusively instead of the
20 (proper) lib exclusively...
23 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
24 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/