From: Paul Smith <pausmith@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Circular dependencies
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 05:56:22
1 %% Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> writes:
2
3 >> Anyone have any good ideas about how to manage this?
4
5 db> Get upstream to break package 1 into two packages. Failing this,
6 db> do it yourself. foo-headers and foo-core or something.
7
8 Unfortunately it's not that easy, since all three package would have to
9 be split up: one into foo-headers and foo-core, and two into bar-libs
10 and bar-core and baz-libs and baz-core (or whatever).
11
12 And, these are released often enough that doing it myself would be a
13 major hassle.
16 *sigh*.
20 Paul D. Smith <psmith@××××××××××××××.com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools
21 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
23 These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list