From: David Bryson <david@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New tool: config-automerge
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:15:32
1 On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 02:39:55PM -0400, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > > is there anywhere that any of the functionality of /etc/portage is documented
3 > > ? All I ever hear are wisps of black magic and mystery about
4 > > /etc/portage/package.mask and other strange things like this comment here.
5 >
6 > It's also documented rather well in the portage man page.
9 sneaky hiding that in the man page. Back many moons ago when I
10 started using gentoo such clear and extensive documentation was not
11 present. I'm glad to see things have improved.
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list