From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What to do with people who use internal eclass functions?
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 07:55:25
1 El lun, 26-08-2013 a las 09:38 +0200, Michał Górny escribió:
2 > Hello, all.
3 >
4 > I've noticed that some people are using internal eclass functions
5 > in their ebuilds. I mean, functions that are explicitly marked
6 > @INTERNAL and that start with an underscore. What should I do to them?
7 >
8 > I would expect that Gentoo developers are professionals. Or at least
9 > semi-reasonable people. Yet it seems that I was mistaken.
10 >
11 > We were never pinged about the internal function use. Nobody bothered
12 > to ask us why the function is internal and what they should they use
13 > instead. I guess it was the usual 'it works, i don't care' case.
14 >
15 > What should I do now? Mask the ebuild? Proceed with changing
16 > the function and break it?
17 >
18 > Or maybe do we need to have GPG signature verification of bash
19 > tracebacks in every internal function to prevent developers from using
20 > those?
23 I would open a bug and try to contact the developer. Not sure if
24 internal functions could be named in a "standard" way allowing repoman
25 to die on its usage by ebuilds :/