From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Retiring
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 17:02:33
1 On Mon, 4 May 2009 19:36:04 +0300
2 Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Or pushing more and more EAPI's will?
4 >
5 > No... As I said before Gentoo is quite understaffed. First we need
6 > people. Then we can concentrate on features :)
7
8 As it happens, a lot of the features that go into EAPIs are designed to
9 help with that. They make it easier to write good ebuilds (and harder
10 to get away with certain QA abuses by accident), possible to write
11 ebuilds that are less annoying and possible to write ebuilds that cover
12 things that could not previously be covered. And, looking at it the
13 other way, Gentoo has lost a lot of good people because they weren't
14 prepared to put up with EAPI stagnation.
17 Ciaran McCreesh