From: Salah Coronya <salah.coronya@×××××.com>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: crypto@ packages up for grabs
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 05:17:25
1 On 1/9/20 3:41 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Dnia January 9, 2020 5:11:46 AM UTC, Salah Coronya <salah.coronya@×××××.com> napisał(a):
5 >> On 1/8/20 3:16 PM, Mikle Kolyada wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> app-crypt/tpm-tools
8 >>> app-crypt/tpm2-abrmd
9 >>> app-crypt/tpm2-tools
10 >>> app-crypt/tpm2-totp
11 >>> app-crypt/tpm2-tss-engine
12 >>> app-crypt/tpm2-tss
13 >>> app-crypt/trousers
16 >> I would be interested in proxy-maintaining the TPM/TPM2 related
17 >> package,as I use most of the packages (I have a physical TPM 1.2 and a
18 >> VM with a virtual TPM 2.0), and the one's I don't yet use are closely
19 >> related to ones I do use and are easy enough to maintain as well. Not
20 >> interested in app-crypt/tpm-emulator, as its functionality by a is
21 >> superseded by a package i maintain, app-crypt/swtpm.
22 >
23 > Do you think that tpm-emulator is worth keeping, or should it be last rited in favor of swtpm?
26 > --
27 > Best regards,
28 > Michał Górny
31 I don't think tpm-emulator is worth keeping. It should probably be last
32 rited. The only thing I can think of that tpm-emulator has swtpm doesn't
33 are initscripts, but I can add some if its needed. Normally swtpm will
34 be started by qemu (for VMs) or (when used in tests) launched by the
35 test suite. It is certainly capable of being used as a system-wide
36 daemon to create a virtual TPM device or socket, though.