From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changes in server profiles
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 11:18:40
1 On 10/29/10 1:03 PM, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > 1) I want to drop the warning message located on profile.bashrc files
3 > e.g $PORTDIR/default/linux/amd64/10.0/server/profile.bashrc
4 > It is more than obvious what this profile is for so I don't think this
5 > message makes any sense.
6
7 > ewarn "This profile has not been tested thoroughly and is not considered to be"
8 > ewarn "a supported server profile at this time. For a supported server"
9
10 The above is definitely not obvious. Is this documented in any other place?
11
12 > ewarn "the software being used on the server. This profile should also be used"
13 > ewarn "if you require GCC 4.1 or Glibc 2.4 support. If you don't know if this"
14
15 That too.
16
17 By the way, I think there was some way to mark a profile as
18 "development", "unsupported", or something like that.
19
20 > 2) Furthermore I would like to drop the following use flags from default
21 > IUSE
22 >
23 > -apache2
24 > -ldap
25 >
26 > A minimal server installation does requires neither apache2 nor ldap
27
28 Sounds good (I'm not using a server profile though).