From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global USE flag: examples
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 20:31:13
1 On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 17:15:09 -0300 Norberto Bensa
2 <norberto+gentoo-dev@×××××××××.cx> wrote:
3 | > | It doesn't say what flag1 is good for! So you end up Googleing,
4 | > | etc...
5 | >
6 | > You might want to file bugs for these...
7 |
8 | I was just thinking how to make this easy for everyone; I mean, easy
9 | for devs, users, and bugzilla. I'd not want to fill b.g.o with
10 | descriptions for UFlags.
11 |
12 | What about something like the duplicates thread from f.g.o? A bug -and
13 | only one- at which everyone could contribute descriptions.
14
15 That'd be a nightmare. Each maintainer would have to figure out what's
16 been done already and what still needs to be done, since individual
17 lines in bugzilla comments can't be marked as 'fixed'.
18
19 (Incidentally, this is why we also REALLY REALLY HATE keyword requests
20 being posted to the forums.)
23 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
24 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
25 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm