From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: 0-day bump requests
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 07:39:37
1 Jeroen Roovers kirjoitti:
2 >
3 > -----
4 > 1) How do you feel when you receive an early version bump request?
7 I don't mind as I don't have the time to follow upstreams that closely
8 for the hundreds of Java packages out there.
11 > 2) If you had your way, would you discourage users from filing early
12 > version bump requests?
15 I think the best approach is to discourage them from filing the bump
16 requests in before a week or so has passed but assign the bug to the
17 maintainer. Closing it has the problem that I doubt most users remember
18 to check for closed bugs when filing bump requests so this will lead to
19 more bump requests bugs being filed on the same version.
20
21 Regards,
22 Petter