From: Steve Dibb <beandog@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Making dobin, doexe, doins, doman, dodoc die by default
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 21:48:42
1 Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 11:11:01PM +0200, Jakub Moc wrote:
3 >
4 >> Uh... Sorry but it's pretty hard to imagine something more annoying than
5 >> an ebuild that dies after a couple of hours compile just because
6 >> upstream decided to rename Changelog.txt to ChangeLog.txt and noone
7 >> noticed during version bump, or because someone made a typo there. Fail
8 >> to see any benefit from this... :S Ditto for manpages.
11 > How could that slip through the initial testing of the ebuild
12 > performed by the developer doing the version bump?
13 Well, it could happen while testing an ebuild. :) I'd be pretty ticked
14 if I were testing Qt and I didn't realize they did change the doc files
15 around before doing a test run.
16
17 Besides that though, imho, a simple function with a boolean return type
18 shouldn't kill the script executing it. Throw a warning, yes, but not
19 stop everything.
20
21 Steve
22 --