From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Multimedia overlay
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 00:10:40
1 Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> said:
2 > So hereby we announce the Gentoo Multimedia overlay. It is located at
3 > http://gitorious.org/gentoo-multimedia and any developers who want to
4 > join can let us know their gitorious account name, so they can be added.
5 > Administration of the overlay will be shared among the participating
6 > Gentoo devs, so new committers can quickly be added. Any users that want
7 > commit status can get access after their work is found to be of
8 > sufficient quality. We encourage this, as the overlay is also a training
9 > ground for new contributors to Gentoo.
10
11 Why can't this be on our official overlays? Is there a technical
12 reason, because we seem to just be spreading things out even more than
13 necessary.
16 Mark Loeser
17 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
18 email - mark AT halcy0n DOT com