From: Thomas Anderson <gentoofan23@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for March
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 18:13:56
1 On Wednesday 05 March 2008 12:45:31 Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 22:41:58 +0530
3 >
4 > Anant Narayanan <anant@g.o> wrote:
5 > > Hi,
6 > >
7 > > > If you have something you'd wish for us to chat about, maybe even
8 > > > vote on, let us know ! Simply reply to this e-mail for the whole
9 > > > Gentoo dev list to see.
10 > >
11 > > If it's not too late for this month's meeting, I'd like to discuss
12 > > the possibility of including a new "post" in our developer base -
13 > > the package maintainer.
14 > >
15 > > a) The requirements to become a package maintainer for Gentoo may be
16 > > lesser than that of the full-fledged developer.
17 >
18 > Please elaborate on how a "full.fledged developer" would differ from a
19 > "package maintainer" technically. What requirements and/or
20 > priviledges do you think could be reduced?
21 >
22 > Marius
23
24 Perhaps there could be some honor code system at least, where the package
25 maintainer would be restricted to their area of maintainership.
26
27 but +1 from me, I'd be very interested in the position, considering I already
28 proxy maintain a package.