From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Decision to remove stage1/2 from installation documentation
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:19:09
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 09:54 -0600, Lance Albertson wrote:
3 >
4 >>>As I am now not only the Release Engineering lead, but also the x86
5 >>>Release Coordinator, I am fielding nearly 100% of these issues.
6 >>>
7 >>>I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO DO OTHER PEOPLE'S QA FOR THEM.
8 >>
9 >>If you are that overworked, perhaps you should find more people to help
10 >>with releng and the duties you have? I've been in a similar position as
11 >>yourself where its hard to find good quality folks that stick around,
12 >>and then you get used to doing everything yourself. I haven't seen any
13 >>emails asking for help or people for releng. This is the first I've
14 >>heard of your troubles with not having adequate time for all the duties
15 >>you do yourself.
18 > Really? Did you read -core on October 27th?
19
20 Yeah, as i just sent, My bad on missing that. Sorry about not catching that.
21
22 >>If you need help, please ask for it and at least try and get some of
23 >>that load off of you so that we don't take things out of gentoo simply
24 >>because of the lack of time.
27 > I did.
28 >
29 > I got exactly *0* responses.
30
31 Only thing I have to say to that is try sending that email on -dev and
32 try putting it up on the staffing needs page. That way its documented in
33 a public form and other people will see it.
34
35 No need to start a flame war about this :-)
36
37 Cheers-
40 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
41 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
42
43 ---
44 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
45 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
46
47 ramereth/irc.freenode.net