From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP system worthwhile?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:26:23
1 On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:58:22 +0000
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:50:01 +0000 Ian Leitch <port001@g.o>
5 > wrote:
6 > | I propose that a dev is free to upload a GLEP in any state of
7 > | completeness/correctness as they wish, devs can then vote on said
8 > | GLEP. If the GLEP author makes changes, devs then vote again on that
9 > | revision. This system also gives power back to the devs (and users
10 > | if they're allowed to vote) and away from the GLEP editors.
11 >
12 > 'Any' state is asking for trouble. You can post non-finished GLEP
13 > plans to the list in any state, but I'd expect things making it onto
14 > the site to be at least in reasonable draft state.
15
16 Agreed, but being able to have potential/unfinished gleps available (so
17 you can check them by url, but not by clicking a link on the index)
18 would be nice so people who are asked by glep authors to
19 proofread/comment/poop on a new glep don't have to remember all the
20 custom d.g.o URLs. Another thing is that I'd like to update it directly
21 and not to have to send diffs/new versions to some gatekeeper instance.
22 So maybe direct commit access for devs (as mentioned in GLEP1) with some
23 special magic for the index page?
24
25 Marius
30 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
31 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.