From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP system worthwhile?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:59:03
1 On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:50:01 +0000 Ian Leitch <port001@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | The effort required to get GLEPs even posted on glep.g.o is enough to
4 | put some people off.
5
6 Lies! GLEP 31 took me half an hour to write, and I was mildly
7 intoxicated at the time.
8
9 | I propose that a dev is free to upload a GLEP in any state of
10 | completeness/correctness as they wish, devs can then vote on said
11 | GLEP. If the GLEP author makes changes, devs then vote again on that
12 | revision. This system also gives power back to the devs (and users if
13 | they're allowed to vote) and away from the GLEP editors.
14
15 'Any' state is asking for trouble. You can post non-finished GLEP plans
16 to the list in any state, but I'd expect things making it onto the site
17 to be at least in reasonable draft state.
20 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
21 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
22 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm