From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deleting old news items
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 22:10:36
1 On 01/05/2018 10:28 PM, Aaron W. Swenson wrote:
2 > On 2018-01-05 15:16, William Hubbs wrote:
3 >> If we have a default expiration, it should be one year after the date
4 >> posted to go along with our current policy of not supporting things that
5 >> are older than a year.
6 >>
7 >> William
8 >
9 > I thought it was three years.
10 >
11 > At any rate, I think a year is too short.
12 >
13 > How about 18 months?
16 I might sound like a broken CD here, but why define the expiration as
17 part of the news format instead of specifying it in the package manager
18 as a user defined variable? Various use cases requires different
19 treatment, so leaving it up to user seems more relevant to me, and we
20 could allow information to be presented as part of stages to give a hint
21 for what dates to look for?
24 Kristian Fiskerstrand
25 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
26 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3