From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] baselayout-2 stablisation plans
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:29:50
1 On Sat, 2007-07-21 at 12:15 -0400, Daniel Drake wrote:
2 > Roy Marples wrote:
3 > > This is just a heads up for getting baselayout-2 stable. Next week I
4 > > plan to put baselayout-2.0.0_rc1 into the tree without any keywords and
5 > > it will be removed from package.mask (keeping the current alphas masked
6 > > though). Arch teams will then be pinged on a bug to keyword
7 > > baselayout-2.
8 >
9 > You should find someone from the GDP to write some user migration docs.
10
11 Good idea. Any volunteers?
12
13 > The two things that spring to mind are having to use init scripts for
14 > device-mapper and crypto fs stuff (I can see lots of unbootable systems
15 > for those who don't realise this...) and having to compile the new
16 > splashutils *after* baselayout to keep fbsplash working.
17
18 I don't actually know how to set those up or what the migration path
19 would be. Maybe devzero and strerror could document this as I understand
20 they do this.
21
22 Thanks
23