From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] baselayout-2 stablisation plans
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:19:51
1 Roy Marples wrote:
2 > This is just a heads up for getting baselayout-2 stable. Next week I
3 > plan to put baselayout-2.0.0_rc1 into the tree without any keywords and
4 > it will be removed from package.mask (keeping the current alphas masked
5 > though). Arch teams will then be pinged on a bug to keyword
6 > baselayout-2.
7
8 You should find someone from the GDP to write some user migration docs.
9 The two things that spring to mind are having to use init scripts for
10 device-mapper and crypto fs stuff (I can see lots of unbootable systems
11 for those who don't realise this...) and having to compile the new
12 splashutils *after* baselayout to keep fbsplash working.
13
14 Thanks for all your work on baselayout-2!
15
16 Daniel
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list