From: Christian Birchinger <joker@g.o>
To: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP: consistent Gentoo tool names
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 00:27:04
1 Please don't invent strange locations such as /usr/gentoo.
2 If it really needs a centralized location for those files
3 i'd suggest somthing like /usr/lib/gentoo (like
4 /usr/lib/portage) or if arch independant /usr/share/gentoo.
5
6 Always new PATHs added is also not really good. I always
7 disliked many distros for huge PATH variables with only
8 a few commands inside most dirs.
9
10 Please don't implement those update/config script
11 overcomplicated. Those are mostly small scripts which shouldn't
12 need lots of variabled defined and new install locations
13 invented. It's really possible to integrate it without
14 overdesigning it.
15