From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GCC USE flag changes
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 19:47:43
1 On 4/30/13 8:25 PM, Ryan Hill wrote:
2 > I'm also going to rename the "test" flag to "regression-test" or something
3 > similar to get it out of FEATURES="test" control. The testsuite is a huge
4 > time-suck and only useful to developers IMO (always expected to fail and
5 > primarily meant to be used to check for regressions between patchsets). I'm a
6 > big supporter of FEATURES="test" by default and I think this is a small step
7 > towards that.
8
9 +1
10
11 > I'll make these changes at the same time as 4.7.3 is bumped to minimize
12 > rebuilding but of course stable versions will be affected as well. That's just
13 > waiting for me to go through the open bugs so probably end of weekish.
14
15 Sounds good.
16
17 > I'd also like to drop graphite support for versions 4.4 and 4.5. We use a
18 > patch to dlopen graphite libs but older versions were written for ppl-0.10/0.11
19 > (0.12 is the current version) so I doubt they still work properly (missing
20 > symbols and whatnot). Some archs still have 4.5 as the latest stable but
21 > graphite isn't a "supported" feature and the number of users on those archs is
22 > likely tiny.
23
24 Yeah, +1 as well.
25