From: Albert Zeyer <albert.zeyer@×××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Lastriting dev-libs/libffi (replaced by USE libffi in gcc itself)
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 20:56:07
1 On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 19:54 +0100, David Leverton wrote:
2 > On Thursday 05 June 2008 19:21:24 Albert Zeyer wrote:
3 > > Are you sure that Squeak really depends on libffi?
4 > >
5 > > I just compiled it (squeak-3.9.7) fine without having libffi on my
6 > > system and with disabled libffi USE-flag.
7 >
8 > According to my reading of the code, it doesn't use libffi on x86-linux,
9 > ppc-linux and ppc-darwin, but does on all other platforms. In any case, it
10 > should be fine with the libffi in gcc, it's just a case of the maintainer
11 > finding time to update the ebuild.
12
13 Is it possible to add this also to the ebuild, e.g. to only check for
14 libffi if it is not one of these 3 architectures?
15
16 I don't want to spam my system with libs I don't need.
20 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list