From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for May
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 19:47:20
1 On Fri, 04 May 2007 15:36:51 -0400
2 Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3 > The point of policy is *not* to impede progress. It is supposed to be
4 > to provide our users the best quality distribution. If policy gets in
5 > the way of progress without gain for our users, then the policy needs
6 > to be revisited.
7
8 And the point of enforcing policy and escalating problems is to prevent
9 rogue developers from breaking stable, screwing over users' systems and
10 then repeatedly refusing to show any sign that they've learned from
11 that and lots of other mistakes.
14 Ciaran McCreesh