From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some ideas on how to reduce territoriality
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 07:28:59
1 On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 15:47:27 -0700
2 Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Well, I meant that this should be doable without the maintainer's
5 > consent. Meaning, I ask you to stabilize 1.0-r1 and a few weeks
6 > later, you can decide to stabilize -r2 without me having to file a
7 > bug. Basically, the maintainer decides the minimal revision he wants
8 > to go stable (so bugs are fixed, etc) but the revisions after that
9 > are up to the arch teams, unless the maintainer sees a need for
10 > everyone to update (major bug, security). My main goal here is to
11 > reduce the "we have to wait on the maintainer to ask" issue within a
12 > given version of a package.
13
14 Well, that's probably ok when the higher revision is just a "fixed"
15 version, but if for example it includes new (invasive) patches or other
16 major changes to the ebuild it's a different story. But I'd hope we can
17 rely on common sense here.
18
19 Marius
20 --