From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 19:44:42
1 W dniu śro, 10.01.2018 o godzinie 18∶16 +0100, użytkownik Vincent-Xavier
2 JUMEL napisał:
3 > Le 2018-01-10 10:53, Michał Górny a écrit :
4 > > Last I checked, Gentoo was a Linux distribution. However, some people
5 > > prefer to turn it into open discussion forum that has nothing to do
6 > > with
7 > > making a distribution.
10 > No it has. Giving power to a subset of users, denying interaction with
11 > future contributors unless they enroll is the eaxct way to kill Gentoo
12 > as a community !
13
14 Nobody's denying interaction with future contributors. We're just
15 closing one of discussion forum that doesn't work for us.
16
17 > > And if you are curious, then I've been asked by multiple developers
18 > > (and a few users) requesting the restriction, and I haven't been
19 > > contacted by a single one who asked otherwise.
20 >
21 > People have voiced against this proposals before. So you want to protect
22 > some developper instead of getting an open community.
23
24 Yes, if I have to choose between:
25
26 a. a developer, a person who I know is spending a significant effort
27 making Gentoo a better distribution, and
28
29 b. an 'open community' which focuses around a few vocal users whose only
30 'contribution' so far were negative and/or insulting mailing list posts
31 towards Gentoo developers,
32
33 then I'm sorry but I'm going to go for protecting the developer. Because
34 in the end, our users benefit from working distribution more than from
35 having a discussion forum where they can complain that the distribution
36 does not work and debate which of the developers they blame for it.
37
38 > As I've already said, Gentoo community is taking (and part is because of
39 > lack of user consideration) a very bad direction.
40 >
41 > I might want to spread the word that Gentoo is not anymore a welcoming
42 > community for people who want to delve inside GNU/Linux and easily
43 > understant how is build a complete OS.
46 Thank you for proving our point.
50 Best regards,
51 Michał Górny