From: Vincent-Xavier JUMEL <endymion+gentoo@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 17:16:41
1 Le 2018-01-10 10:53, Michał Górny a écrit :
2 > Last I checked, Gentoo was a Linux distribution. However, some people
3 > prefer to turn it into open discussion forum that has nothing to do
4 > with
5 > making a distribution.
6 >
7 No it has. Giving power to a subset of users, denying interaction with
8 future contributors unless they enroll is the eaxct way to kill Gentoo
9 as a community !
12 > I guess you should have voiced your opinion back when discussion was
13 > taking place instead of being hostile *now* because the Council
14 > listened
15 > to what the developers requested.
16 >
17 I've voiced my opinion as a 10 year user. I've never take nor the
18 quizzes, nor made any move to become a Gentoo Developper beacause of
19 this kind of closedmind state.
20
21 > And if you are curious, then I've been asked by multiple developers
22 > (and a few users) requesting the restriction, and I haven't been
23 > contacted by a single one who asked otherwise.
24 People have voiced against this proposals before. So you want to protect
25 some developper instead of getting an open community.
26
27 As I've already said, Gentoo community is taking (and part is because of
28 lack of user consideration) a very bad direction.
29
30 I might want to spread the word that Gentoo is not anymore a welcoming
31 community for people who want to delve inside GNU/Linux and easily
32 understant how is build a complete OS.
33
34 Cheers
35 --
36 Vincent-Xavier JUMEL GPG Id: 0x14ABB3F2 http://thetys-retz.net