From: Kevin <gentoo-dev@××××××.biz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Status of the OpenAFS ebuilds
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 13:44:37
1 Hi List-
2
3 Thanks for the help I've gotten in the past from you folks.
4
5 It's been more than a month since this thread was written and I don't
6 see anything in my recently synced portage, so I'm contributing this:
7 http://www.gnosys.us/openafs-ppc_linux26.ebuild.tar.gz
8
9 Making these changes to the ebuild (I based this ebuild file on the one
10 in portage for version 1.2.11) and patching these files from the 1.3.74
11 release makes this work for me (NewWorld PBG4 Titanium II, 7450 altivec
12 cpu, 667 MHz). The included /etc/init.d/afs file needs some major
13 attention to make it functional for other sysnames with 2.6, and I
14 created /usr/vice/etc/cacheinfo by hand rather than allowing the script
15 to create it because that didn't seem to work for me (the third
16 parameter for cachesize doesn't get set up properly).
17
18 It's a hack and I'm sure could be improved upon by some expert Gentoo
19 developer, but it works anyway. This has only been tested on
20 ppc_linux26 and has not been exhaustively tested on that so use at your
21 own risk. Note that support for the 2.6 kernels is still incomplete.
22 PAGs are not fully supported. Expect a warning during configure about
23 sys_call_table status. See OpenAFS lists and web pages for details.
24
25 Also, has anyone done any work on building Ken Hornstein's (et. al.)
26 code for using MIT Kerberos 5 as an authentication source for OpenAFS?
27 See tarball at:
28 ftp://ftp.cmf.nrl.navy.mil/pub/kerberos5/afs-krb5-2.0.tar.gz
29
30 In particular, aklog (used for obtaining AFS tokens based on Kerberos
31 tickets) is something that I'm trying to build right now and having
32 difficulty. If anyone has done this in Gentoo I'd really appreciate
33 hearing about it.
34
35 HTH.
36