From: "Olivier CrĂȘte" <tester@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Opinion against /usr merge
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 04:43:37
1 On Tue, 2012-07-17 at 23:24 -0400, Richard Yao wrote:
2 > GNOME is part of the GNU project, so we should be safe unless they
3 > decide against portability. OpenSuSe and Mageia are other distributions,
4 > so they are not upstream for us.
5
6 With my GNOME hat on:
7
8 GNOME does not take any marching orders from RMS or anyone else in the
9 GNU project. We will do any changes that we believe are necessary to
10 produce a better end user experience or to make our code more
11 maintainable. If that means adding dependencies that are Linux specific,
12 we will do it. And we have done it before, for example, we have
13 dependencies on udev for certain features.
16 Olivier CrĂȘte
17 tester@g.o
18 Gentoo Developer