From: Christian Parpart <trapni@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 36: providing both CVS and Subversion?
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:46:31
1 On Wednesday 13 April 2005 3:03 pm, Aaron Walker wrote:
2 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > > On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 03:33:46 +0200 Christian Parpart <trapni@g.o>
4 > >
5 > > wrote:
6 > > | Finally, just don't use svn if you feel that uncomfortable with it. No
7 > > | one said that cvs will go away. I'm tired of reading your 'svn is
8 > > | hard to merge because it *is* hard to merge' posts :(
9 > >
10 > > Eh? Dude, I'm one of the people that's been asking for SVN from the
11 > > beginning. SVN is considerably easier to merge than CVS -- however, it's
12 > > a pain in the ass if you're using multiple projects per repo because
13 > > then you *have* to give it full paths.
14 > >
15 > > Really, I think you should reread the entire thread if you think I'm
16 > > against SVN.
17 >
18 > Yeah actually the glep wouldnt exist at all w/o Ciaran pawning it off on me
19 > :)
20
21 I take it back. Really I just wanted to stop that 'I like it better that way'
22 discussion. But yet, I'm responding again. However, I take it back, sorry
23 though.
26 Netiquette: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
27 16:45:13 up 21 days, 5:51, 0 users, load average: 0.42, 0.31, 0.26