From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: yngwin@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Making systemd more accessible to "normal" users
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 17:10:24
1 On Wed, 8 May 2013 23:26:57 +0800
2 Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 1 May 2013 18:04, Fabio Erculiani <lxnay@g.o> wrote:
5 > > It looks like there is some consensus on the effort of making systemd
6 > > more accessible, while there are problems with submitting bugs about
7 > > new systemd units of the sort that maintainers just_dont_answer(tm).
8 > > In this case, I am just giving 3 weeks grace period for maintainers to
9 > > answer and then I usually go ahead adding units (I'm in systemd@ after
10 > > all).
11 >
12 > In my opinion you should not be asking maintainers to add systemd
13 > units to their packages. They most likely do not have systems on which
14 > they can test these, and very few users would need them anyway. I
15 > would think it is better to add them to a separate systemd-units
16 > package.
17
18 How would that package handle unit files differing per package
19 versions? For example, changed options, relocated executables...
22 Best regards,
23 Michał Górny