From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Making systemd more accessible to "normal" users
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 15:27:04
1 On 1 May 2013 18:04, Fabio Erculiani <lxnay@g.o> wrote:
2 > It looks like there is some consensus on the effort of making systemd
3 > more accessible, while there are problems with submitting bugs about
4 > new systemd units of the sort that maintainers just_dont_answer(tm).
5 > In this case, I am just giving 3 weeks grace period for maintainers to
6 > answer and then I usually go ahead adding units (I'm in systemd@ after
7 > all).
8
9 In my opinion you should not be asking maintainers to add systemd
10 units to their packages. They most likely do not have systems on which
11 they can test these, and very few users would need them anyway. I
12 would think it is better to add them to a separate systemd-units
13 package.
16 Cheers,
17
18 Ben | yngwin
19 Gentoo developer
20 Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin