From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: AW: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item draft for >=sys-fs/udev-209 upgrade
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 04:34:01
1 On 24/02/14 19:48, Lars Wendler (Polynomial-C) wrote:
2 > This is another good reason why udev should have _never_ been
3 > integrated into systemd!In case someone still wants to retain his
4 > original systemd INSTALL_MASK, just use udev ebuilds from poly-c
5 > overlay. These ebuilds
6 >
7 > - still install udevd into /sbin where a daemon belongs to.
8
9 no, it doesn't. it's an executable that should be ran within the init
10 script only, and has no business in living in $PATH. the only reason we
11 still
12 had it in /sbin, was me sturbornly avoiding /lib/systemd directory since
13 the systemd-udevd would have been the only file there, which is
14 no longer the case.
15
16 > - disable the crappy new network naming scheme by default
17 > - install the new naming scheme config files into /lib/udev/network/
18 > (version >=209)
19
20 stupid, since upstream assured me, systemd-udevd won't be the only
21 package reading the file from it's intended location
22
23 > - try to prevent most naming pollution of pure udev with systemd crap.
24
25 childish. me don't like pink ponies. pink too much. pony okay.
28 > I have no plans to stop fixing the annoyances the gentoo udev ebuilds
29 > have since udev was integrated into systemd in the ebuilds from my
30 > overlay.
31
32 as you wish, /me passes the `find . -exec sed -i -e 's:systemd::g' {} +`
33 beer can opener :)
36 > -------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------
37 > Von: Mike Gilbert
38 > Datum:24.02.2014 16:55 (GMT+01:00)
39 > An: Gentoo Dev
40 > Betreff: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item draft for >=sys-fs/udev-209 upgrade
41 >