From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: Rob Cakebread <pythonhead@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Looking for developers for a new 'Planet' web-app
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:46:41
1 Rob Cakebread wrote:
2 > I patched the Planet source to add all the entries to an sql
3 > database then wrote a quick CherryPy demo [1] that uses the existing
4 > Planet's template system.
5 >
6 > The example just has the entries for a few random developers. You can
7 > search the titles or full text. Source code available [2] for
8 > the curious. You'll need dev-python/cherrypy and USE='sqlite'
9 > dev-python/sqlobject.
10 >
11 > If I can get ahold of the config.ini and template for the actual
12 > Planet Gentoo I'll be able to get the herd info from usernames
13 > (and make it look like the real deal).
14 >
15 > [1] http://gentooexperimental.org:9898/
16 > [2] http://dev.gentoo.org/~pythonhead/planetdb.tbz2
17
18 This looks really good. You can get the gentoo-specific stuff by checking out
19 the "planet" module from Gentoo SVN.
20
21 Daniel
22 --