From: Alistair Bush <alistair.bush@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] My turn to wear the cursed medalion of retirement
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 01:31:50
1 Hi Alexandre.
2
3 I too would like to hear what your ideas are for the metastructure of
4 gentoo. Please if you dont feel up to "officially" submitting them then at
5 least submit them to this list.
6
7 Alistair
8
9 On 3/19/07, Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o> wrote:
10 >
11 > Hi Alexandre,
12 >
13 > Good luck in your new life. My only comment is that I think you copped
14 > out by not submitting your proposals for any sort of peer review. You
15 > succumbed to the possibility (that you seem to think is more of a
16 > probability -- you may be right, I don't know) that it would not be
17 > received well. I think it's a shame to succumb to such a fear (or any
18 > fear), and I wish you hadn't.
19 >
20 > I do understand where you're coming from, however, and I tend to agree
21 > with most of your ideas on the addition of bureaucratic layers and rules
22 > & regulations. I struggle with whether or not that's simply a necessary
23 > by-product of the size and scope (I use the term loosely) of the
24 > project.
25 >
26 > Thanks,
27 >