From: Joe Peterson <lavajoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Council meeting summary for 10 July 2008
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 17:55:51
1 Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > I am saying that it makes sense to approve both at the same time or have
3 > other official package managers approved before accepting the GLEP.
4
5 In addition, I'd want to see why the particular approach suggested in this
6 GELP is the "only" way (as some seem to claim). I have yet to be convinced of
7 this, and as I've pointed out before (and do not wish to belabor further
8 here), I believe there are major drawbacks to putting the EAPI in the
9 filename/extension. Rushing to approve this GLEP would be a mistake, IMHO.
10
11 -Joe
12 --
13 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list