From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: Caleb Tennis <caleb@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kde 3.2 beta2
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:41:51
1 On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 15:53, Caleb Tennis wrote:
2 > I didn't intend for it to be package.mask'd - it's quite stable,
3 I'd like to disagree: Bug 58527
4 Konqueror is consistently segfaulting on my machine, so I'd like to keep
5 3.3_beta masked until 3.3 final arrives.
6 3.3 is still a beta, so pushing it in ~x86 seems like a very strange
7 decision to me. ~x86 is for unstable _ebuilds_, not unstable packages as
8 far as I know.
9 > we want to
10 > get the testing in ~unstable, and it's only listed for x86 and amd64, both of
11 > which are stable up to the latest version. Plus, it won't interfere with
12 > anyone running 3.2 anyway.
13 Unless, like, erm ... it doesn't work? Then it might just interfere a
14 tiny bit.
15 </sarcasm>
16 > Reverting vapier's package.mask.
17 What's the policy on this?
18 As much as I like bleeding edge stuff, I'd like to keep the bleeding as
19 small as possible :-)
20
21 Patrick