From: Stewart Honsberger <blkdeath@g.o>
To: Donny Davies <woodchip@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] **HEADS UP** Apache2 + MySQL4 moving to stable status
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:07:15
1 Donny Davies wrote:
2 > Sometime this weekend (likely Friday or Saturday) Robin and I
3 > will move these two packages to non-arch-masked status. So you
4 > will no longer get the older versions by default. Yes, old
5 > versions will still be available; we're not going to delete
6 > Apache1 nor MySQL3 ebuilds. They will be kept available for
7 > those who still want them.
8
9 Not to be overly pedantic, but is it wise to mark Apache 2 as stable
10 right now?
11
12 http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/Announcement2.html
13
14 That's quite the frightening update for such a major component of
15 Gentoo, and it's very recent. :/
18 Stewart Honsberger
19 http://www.snerk.org/
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list