From: Dean Stephens <desultory@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC pre-GLEP] Gentoo Git Workflow
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 03:09:51
1 On 09/10/17 18:13, Daniel Campbell wrote:
2 > I'm not looking for political propaganda. What would I gain from it? I
3 > don't really have any strong connections here. In fact I'm probably
4 > ticking a few people off. I'm calling your practices out for what they
5 > are, since nobody else appears willing or able to. It's flat-out
6 > dishonest to complain about a mailing list on one site, then
7 > deliberately add flames to the fire less than a day later on the very
8 > list you complained about. You are contributing to the very thing you
9 > claim to detest. I don't see that as political, because it affects the
10 > work that you, I, and other Gentoo devs do. It damages relationships
11 > between developers, and if something isn't done about it, Gentoo will
12 > continue falling into irrelevance because we can't get our ship to sail
13 > smoothly. We all have the ability to improve this, and I gain nothing by
14 > writing this e-mail.
15 >
16 At this point, the question comes down to whether ComRel would sanction
17 a sitting Council member and whether it has reached the point at which
18 discovering the answer in practical reality is needed, especially
19 considering the virtually guaranteed backlash should that answer turn
20 out to be negative.
21
22 While I realize that positive reinforcement is generally a more
23 effective training methodology, it seems impractical in this case.